Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
1. When drawings turn out the way you want them to.
2. Spending time with my momma.
3. Federico Erra's photography.
(.) (Images are from google image)
4. Having long hair.
Goodnight my loves.
Monday, October 27, 2008
I'm making this post a weekly one, as per the suggestion of the wonderful Betsey.
1. I hate generalizations, especially in regard to gender and race. I'm gonna get all sociologist and über liberal on your asses right now- warning given. Firstly, I have a problem with people dividing gender into two categories. We are so socialized to only think in terms of 'man' and 'woman', a habit that I struggle with, and think about very often. But this is a tangent. Read more about it here. Given this- I hate it when people generalize about what women like, or care about, or are hardwired to do, and vice versa, in regards to men. This annoyance in me applies to the generalizations made about certain races as well- generalizations which beg the question of what race exactly is. In my understanding, all humans are of the same race, homo sapiens. Race then, should not be something that divides, it should be a force with which to unite all people, of all regions of the globe. I could go on and on and on, but I want to get onto my next topic of hate.
2. I hate sore shoulders. My shoulders get mo'fucking sore all the time and I don't know why and I really hate it.
(this is from my computer somewhere. sorry for not crediting)
3. Big Corporate Money. I loathe big huge corporate money, and large corporations in general. I'm so anti-consumerist capitalism I should probably be a communist.
4. Sarah Palin. I'm sorry, I just really, really, really fucking HATE this broad. A lot.
5. I hate the word 'moist'. It really grosses me out. If I could find a picture of the word moist I would post it- but I can't.
This is a rather lackluster list. I'm not feeling very sardonic today. It's a rather optimistic Tuesday in fact.
LOVE YOU ALL.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
This is a list of the boys I would have if I could. Some of them are fictional, some are not, and if they ever asked me to have their babies I gratefully would do so. And by the way that's saying a lot since I probably would not be willing to birth anything even if I was like the last human being left on the planet. But for these guys I'd do it. I would subject my body to the degredation of child-bearing. Anyway, on to the list.
1. Dr. Horrible. I would die to be his super-villainess girlfriend.
And seriously watch it or I will never forgive you. And the irony of the first sentence would be lost on you. You'll love it I promise.
2. Fred and George Weasley. I love these two. Everyone knows (or at least by now they should know) how much I love me a red head, and ones that behave like Fred and George I would gladly allow to take full advantage of me. It also helps that I imagine that they look like this:
3. Matthew Santos. As my friend Sara said "Its like if Ray Lamontagne and Jason Mraz had a baby that was sung to sleep each night by Ella Fitzgerald." That is what Matthew Santos sounds like. And he looks good too.
Ok I got bored of this list, so I'm moving on.
I got an award from the sweet Saray! That's fun news, here it is:
Saray says "this award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing" and I just used her words. I'm very honored to have this award given to me, and now I'm passing it on to Susanna, and Daisychain. Both these girls express themselves and their views of the world in wonderful words (and usually pictures to support those).
And I think that's it. My head is rather unconnected from my body right now, and my rap music is distracting me.
LOVE YOU ALL MUCHO!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Recently I've been really into the Dresden Dolls, and Amanda Palmer's solo stuff-it's just so dark and cabaret-ish. I love it. I also love everything having to do with Fairy Goth Mother. It's just fun and fabulous. I want a corset now.
I LOVE YOU.