Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's not polite to stare

This is a mish-mash post. I'll start with this fun little list that I found over at Kelsey's blog (for some reason typing that just made me sing Jesse's Girl...whatever). 

10 Fictional Characters in Fictional Books who remind me of me/who I'd like to be like:
1. Ginny from the Harry Potter books
2. Cecilia from Ian McEwan's Atonement
3. Meg from Madeline L'Engle's Time Quartet books
4. A tree-nymph from CS Lewis's Narnia 
5. Mary from Frances Hogson Burnett's Secret Garden
6. Eilonwy from Lloyd Alexander's Pyrdain Chronicles
7. Lyra from Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials
I can only think of seven right now, I can't ever seem to remember the title or author of a book-much less the characters- but I do remember the feeling of the book, so I've got a million feelings from books, but if I tried to tell you what they were it would come out something like "that one book, by that one author...". Not so helpful.

Anyway on to more fashion related things.

I saw this girl yesterday. Is it not the perfect combination?
 Bike, shoes, dress, hair....sigh.









































































I wore this yesterday, I was channelling my inner flapper, too bad you can't really see the outfit details...the pictures were taken in the bathroom of my favorite little coffee shop, and yes, the wall behind me does say "fuck bush". I sort of love it a lot.