Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sunflowers on grey days

First off, thank you all for leaving such positive and sweet comments- they make me smile without fail.
Secondly, I am going on a little weekend away with my familia tomorrow, so I won't be around the blogosphere for a tad, probably be back Monday.
Now on to the real stuff. 

Although I know that smoking is terribly horrid for your health, and probably is not worth doing, it can be so provocative and sexy. But why?







I smoke because I crave the aesthetic, not the nicotine*. Holding a cigarette in hand can make me feel instantly glamorous, kick-ass, or rebellious. Perhaps this is because of the way cigarettes have been marketed, used in fashion spreads, and tied to the rebellious and glamorous of Hollywood and pop-culture. Maybe it's the sensuality of being able to actually see breaths being breathed. Or it could be the social aspect. Most likely it's a combination of those, and more.

*I'm pretty much just a social smoker, though there have been times when I've been known to light up a cigarette and just walk down the street holding it because I love the way it looks.