Monday, October 27, 2008

5 Things I Hate On A Tuesday

I'm making this post a weekly one, as per the suggestion of the wonderful Betsey

1. I hate generalizations, especially in regard to gender and race. I'm gonna get all sociologist and über liberal on your asses right now- warning given. Firstly, I have a problem with people dividing gender into two categories. We are so socialized to only think in terms of 'man' and 'woman', a habit that I struggle with, and think about very often. But this is a tangent. Read more about it here. Given this- I hate it when people generalize about what women like, or care about, or are hardwired to do, and vice versa, in regards to men. This annoyance in me applies to the generalizations made about certain races as well- generalizations which beg the question of what race exactly is. In my understanding, all humans are of the same race, homo sapiens. Race then, should not be something that divides, it should be a force with which to unite all people, of all regions of the globe.  I could go on and on and on, but I want to get onto my next topic of hate.

 
2. I hate sore shoulders. My shoulders get mo'fucking sore all the time and I don't know why and I really hate it.

(this is from my computer somewhere. sorry for not crediting)

3. Big Corporate Money. I loathe big huge corporate money, and large corporations in general. I'm so anti-consumerist capitalism I should probably be a communist. 

4. Sarah Palin. I'm sorry, I just really, really, really fucking HATE this broad. A lot.

5. I hate the word 'moist'. It really grosses me out. If I could find a picture of the word moist I would post it- but I can't. 

This is a rather lackluster list. I'm not feeling very sardonic today. It's a rather optimistic Tuesday in fact.

LOVE YOU ALL.