Thursday, August 21, 2008

You've got to hide your love away

For the past few days I've been feeling really, really sad about not going back to school this year. Even though last year was often less than desirable, I love Sarah Lawrence and all its quirks and fucked-upness, and I am really sad that I am not getting to give the school another try.

For those of you who don't know, I'm not going back to Sarah Lawrence because I wasn't given enough financial aid, and just don't have the means of procuring $35,000 dollars out of thin air. Thus I am taking a year off, working my ass off, and transferring to the University of Edinburgh (!!), a decision and process that I am feeling very bittersweet about right now.

I am getting especially sad about not being in New York for the autumn and winter... So here is a tribute to my heartbreak:





Also, here are some pretty autumny photos by Peter Hannert.







I love you all, thank you for the wonderful comments you all never fail to leave. Besos y abrasos.