Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fashionably late

There are two things that I am consistently passionate about in life: fashion, and saving the world. Call me an overachiever, but I want to save the world wearing amazing clothes, and preferably a pair of killer Balenciaga heels (a pair of these will do...). 

I am terrified of the monotonous march humanity is making towards self destruction. I want to change things. I'm bound to try, for the rest of my life, seeing as I feel such an urgent discomfort when I find myself sinking back into the sedative arms of apathy. And I will always be overcome with a lust for fashion, I have been for as long as I can remember, and I will continue to be, because my identity is inextricably involved in my wardrobe. But how does one combine the two?

For me, the answer (at least for the time being) is this: My good friend Kelsey and I are putting on a fashion show. A fashion show that's going to help save the world. I am so, so thrilled that this is happening. It's going to be a lot of work (we are making all of the looks out of recyclables, used material, and used clothes), a lot of fun (see previous little interjection) and I hope it'll wake people up a little. Or at least jolt them
 enough to get their brains to thinking about how each and every one of us can do a little something to make our world a little better, a little cleaner, and a little more harmonious. I'm bursting with ideas and design plans, and I'll keep you all updated on the goings on of this project.

That being said, if you live in or around NYC and want to be involved (as a designer, stylist, model, sound-person, runway choreographer, seamstress/tailor, or anything else) please please get in touch with me! Kelsey and I are trying to build our team and we would LOVE to have all the contributers we can. This event is not only going to be for a good cause, but it's going to be incredibly....fashion-y. I'm excited!

And on that note: